Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tolerant Minds



Bullying is a very serious epidemic in this country and something I definitely had to deal with growing up in a lower middle class family. I used humor, wit, and occasionally had to fight to deal with it, but here is a positive alternative. I love the confidence and self respect that martial arts teaches. Luckily, My experience in the Marines not only taught me self defense, but opened my eyes up to all this world has to offer. I learned you can be whomever you want to be. There's life outside of this town. People don't care who you were or where you come from. Good people come from all walks of life. I wish I had learned that at a younger age. I would encourage all parents to instill acceptance for others and rid their children of arrogant attitudes. This small town all too often separates the rich from the poor. I don't care who you are or where you come from, you're no better than anyone else. Teach your children the same. Money, religion, race, gender and sexual orientation should not come into play into how you treat another human being. Think about your actions and what you're teaching your children. Kind words go a long way. Remember, we have no control over where we come from, but we can control where we are headed. And I hope, as a nation, we can grow together towards a more tolerant future. I love all my friends and family on here. Hopefully you take this to heart and help mold our children to be better people.

No comments:

Post a Comment